Suggestions on what to wear to a shoot
- Choose comfortable clothes: If you’re not comfortable, it will be noticeable in your photos. Also, wear comfortable shoes, especially if your location will include a lot of walking. You can always bring a different pair if you want to wear them in the shoot.
- Choose solid colours: Patterned prints can look busy in photos and draw attention away from your face, so choosing solid colours are often best. Also, keep in mind that darker colours are more slimming.
- Choose clothes to compliment your location: If you are taking pictures in a field or the mountains, don't turn up in a mini skirt. If you are taking pictures in a built up area, you might consider more urban clothes.
- Avoid trendy clothing: They will date your photos as soon as the trend goes out of style.
- Avoid tight clothing: Tight-fitted pants or tops often restrict movement and make it hard for various poses. They also show curves and can show skin that you don’t want to reveal.
- Choose colours that compliment your skin tone: For example, if you have light skin, white clothing can wash out your complexion in photographs.
- Coordinate your clothing with each other: Wear clothes that look good together and that are similar shades. Choose clothes that look best on you, but they don't have to match.